Microsoft KB Archive/171266
Article ID: 171266
Article Last Modified on 2/16/2005
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0b Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q171266
In Visual FoxPro, issuing a "REPORT FORM TO FILE" command sends the contents of the report to a file with the selected printer driver's control codes. The file can then be copied to the selected printer. With WinFax (version 8.0) selected as the printer, issuing a "REPORT FORM TO FILE" command behaves the same if REPORT FORM to PRINTER. Rather than going to a file, WinFax is launched and the report is sent as a fax.
Note This problem does not seem to occur with Visual FoxPro 7.0, 8.0, and 9.0 when using WinFax Pro 10.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Install WinFax 8.0. WinFax should appear as a Printer option.
- In Visual FoxPro, create and save a report as "FAXTEST." Select "WinFax" as the printer from the File, Page Setup menu option.
From the Command window, issue the following code:
REPORT FORM faxtest TO FILE test.fax
The WinFax application starts and proceeds to process the report as if it had been sent to PRINTER rather than send the report to a file.
Keywords: kbprb KB171266