Microsoft KB Archive/171179
Article ID: 171179
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171179
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you switch a form from Form view to Design view, you receive an invalid page fault.
This behavior occurs when the ControlSource property of a control on the form contains a function that tries to change the value of that control.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access 7.0 and 97.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
WARNING: Following these steps will cause an invalid page fault on your computer. Make sure you save and close any open work on your computer before following these steps.
- Open a new blank database in Microsoft Access 7.0 or 97.
Create a new module and type the following procedure:
Function MyFunction() Forms(0).Controls(0).ControlSource = "" End Function
- Create a new form in Design View.
- Add a text box to the form and type the following in the ControlSource property of the text box:
- On the View menu, click Form View (or Form in Microsoft Access 7.0).
- On the View menu, click Design View (or Form Design in Microsoft Access 7.0).
Note that Microsoft Access returns an Invalid Page Fault.
Additional query words: access violation
Keywords: kbbug kberrmsg KB171179