Microsoft KB Archive/171174
Article ID: 171174
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171174
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you try to export a report with the "Publish It with MS Word" OfficeLinks command, you may receive the following message:
The Save As command can't process any subreports contained in your report. Do you want to proceed anyway?
If you respond to the message by clicking Yes or No, the report is exported without the subreport.
This behavior occurs if the report that you are exporting contains a subform instead of a subreport.
Re-create your main report and only include subreports.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- Create a new report in Design view based on the Categories table.
- Save the report.
- On the Toolbox, click the Subform/Subreport button and drag the object to the detail section of the report to invoke the Subform/Subreport wizard.
- On the first screen of the wizard, click the Reports And Forms option.
- In the Reports And Forms list box, select the Products form, and then click Finish.
- On the File menu, click Print Preview.
- On the Tools menu, point to OfficeLinks, and then click "Publish It with MS Word".
Once the wizard starts outputting the file, you receive the message described in the "Symptoms" section.
For more information about creating subreports, search the Help Index for "subreports, creating," or ask the Microsoft Access 97 Office Assistant.
Additional query words: The Save As command can t process any subreports contained in your report
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbusage KB171174