Microsoft KB Archive/171001
Article ID: 171001
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171001
When one or more Microsoft Exchange Server computers are configured for Dynamic RAS and there is a Dynamic RAS session in progress, the Microsoft Exchange client and the Exchange Administrator program may have difficulty connecting to the server.
During initialization, the Microsoft Exchange client and the Exchange Administrator program send Remote Procedure Calls to the configured default gateway. By default, these calls are sent over the active RAS connection.
To disable RAS as the default gateway, end any active RAS sessions and perform the following steps:
- Start the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program and expand the Configuration item.
- Choose Connection and select the RAS item from the left pane.
- On the General tab, select RAS Phone Book item.
- On the Server tab, select TCP/IP settings.
- Deselect the "Use default gateway on remote server" checkbox.
- Click OK.
Additional query words: RAS client connect
Keywords: kbprb KB171001