Microsoft KB Archive/170992
Article ID: 170992
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170992
This article describes how you can use Microsoft Outlook 97 and Microsoft Word 97 with the Olcalndr.dot Word template to save your Outlook calendar as a Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) formatted document.
Outlook 97 does not include a method of saving Outlook items or folders as HTML files. However, you can convert your daily or monthly calendar into a Word 97 document and then, from Word, save the calendar in HTML format.
Converting Your Calendar to Word
- Download the Olcalndr.exe file from the Microsoft Download Center, and then save it on your hard drive.For additional information about how to obtain the Olcalndr.exe file, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
166993 OL97: Word Template Helps You Print Monthly View of Your Calendar
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the Olcandr.exe file you downloaded to expand the compressed file. Olcalndr.exe will create two files, Olcalndr.dot (a Word 97 template) and Readme.txt (usage instructions).
- Move the Olcalndr.dot template file to your \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates folder.
- Start Word 97, and on the File menu, click New.
- On the General tab, click Olcalndr.dot and click OK to create a new document based on the Olcalndr.dot template.
- In the Calendar Setup, click or type to fill in your choices and click OK.
NOTE: If Outlook is not running, the template automatically starts Outlook.
- After the template creates your calendar, you can modify the calendar as desired before saving it in HTML format.
Saving the Calendar as an HTML Document
- With your calendar open in Word (step 7 above), on the File menu, click "Save As HTML."
- In the File Name box, type a name for your HTML file. Use HTM as your file extension or let Word assign the extension.
- Make sure the Save As Type box lists "HTML Document (*.html;*.htm;*htx)."
- Click Save and click OK to the message regarding loss of formatting.
- After saving the calendar in HTML format, on the Standard Toolbar, click the Web Page Preview button to open your calendar in your Web browser program.
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo kbinterop KB170992