Microsoft KB Archive/170987
Article ID: 170987
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170987
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you select multiple records in a continuous form and then copy and paste them, the first record pasted may appear to be blank. If you close and reopen the form, or if you scroll so that the record is no longer in view and then scroll back, the data in the record appears as expected.
There are three possible workarounds.
Press F9 after pasting the records.
On the Records menu, click Refresh.
- Open the form in Design view.
- On the Edit menu, click Select Form.
- On the View menu, click Properties. Click the Event tab.
Set the AfterInsert property of the form to the following event procedure:
Private Sub Form_AfterInsert() Me.Refresh End Sub
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access 97. This behavior does not occur in Microsoft Access 2.0, Microsoft Access 95, or Microsoft Access 2000.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Start Microsoft Access and open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- Click the Forms tab in the Database window, and then click New.
- In the New Form dialog box, click Form Wizard and choose the Employees table. Click OK.
- Select LastName, FirstName, and BirthDate from the Available Fields list. Click Next.
- In the dialog box that asks you to choose a layout for your form, click Tabular; then, click Finish.
- When the form is open in Form view, select four records. You can do this by clicking the gray record selector to the left of the first record, then pressing SHIFT, and clicking the record selector to the left of the fourth record.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Click the record selector to the left of the new record at the bottom of the form.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste or Paste Append. When you see the message asking if you are sure you want to paste these records, click Yes.
Note that the first record pasted appears to be blank.
For more information about displaying the most current data in Form view, search the Help Index for "refreshing records."
Additional query words: empty
Keywords: kbbug kbui KB170987