Microsoft KB Archive/170953
Article ID: 170953
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170953
This article describes how to update a Microsoft Office 97 "Run from Server" installation to include Microsoft Outlook 97 version 8.01.
Outlook version 8.01 has no Run from Server Setup option; you must install it locally. To install Outlook version 8.01 locally in a Run from Server installation, follow thse steps:
- Use Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to remove the current installation of Office from each workstation.
- Install Outlook version 8.01 on each workstation.
- Make a copy of the Off97Pro.stf file found on the server, and modify it to NOT install Outlook, by removing the value "202" from line 56.
- Run Setup to install Office 97 on each workstation with the Run from Server option.
Keywords: kbhowto kbinterop kbsetup KB170953