Difference between revisions of "Microsoft KB Archive/170542"
m (1 revision imported: importing part 2)
Latest revision as of 20:50, 16 July 2020
MTG: MAPI Unable to Run as a Windows NT Service
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation versions 3.1, 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Server versions 3.1, 3.5
In Windows NT, if you attempt to start a program as a service that uses Windows NT Mail MAPI, the service fails to start the Mail spooler with MAPI error code 3 - MAPI_E_LOGIN_FAILURE.
MAPI for Windows NT does not support being started as a service.
Use one of these techniques to work around the problem:
- Start the Mail client before starting the service.
- Start the program from the command line instead of starting it as a service.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words:
Issue type : kbbug
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNT350xsearch kbWinNTW350 kbWinNTW350xsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS350 kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS350xsearch kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 20, 2000