Microsoft KB Archive/170378
Article ID: 170378
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170378
It may be necessary to eliminate SMTP addresses for your entire Microsoft Exchange Server site. When you delete the addresses on the site addressing level, you will be unable to edit and change the SMTP attributes on the site level.
It is possible to remove all SMTP addresses on the server level through the Microsoft Exchange Server Import/Export feature by following these steps:
- Create a .csv file with the attribute E-mail Addresses.
- Edit a sample .csv file located on the Exchange Server CD in Support\Samples\Csvs\Mailbox, or generate a .csv file by using the Header.exe program supplied with the Microsoft Exchange Server Resource Kit.
- When you use this .csv file and export the server's recipient list, edit "SMTP:email@example.com" by deleting the e-mail address; only "SMTP:" should remain.
- Save the contents and import the new .csv file back to the server.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
155414 Bulk Import/Export FAQ
Keywords: kbhowto KB170378