Microsoft KB Archive/170219
Article ID: 170219
Article Last Modified on 11/17/2000
- Microsoft Access 95 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170219
In Microsoft Access 7.0, when the column width of a report with snaking columns exceeds the page width, and the page orientation is set to Landscape, the properties of the report will be reset and the report will no longer contain snaking columns.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access version 7.0. This problem does not occur in Microsoft Access 2.0 and 97.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
CAUTION: Following the steps in this example will modify the sample database Northwind.mdb. You may want to back up the Northwind.mdb file, or perform these steps on a copy of the Northwind database.
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- In the Database window, click the Reports tab.
- Open the Products By Category report in Design view.
- In the CategoryName Header section, resize the Units In Stock label width to 3.5 inches.
- On the File menu, click Print Preview.
- On the File menu, click Save.
- Close and then reopen the report. You receive the message that the section width is greater than the page width. Click OK.
Note that the report no longer contains the snaking columns and the page orientation of the report has been changed to Portrait. Also, the property settings for the margins, column widths, and heights in the report have been reset.
Keywords: kbbug kbusage KB170219