Microsoft KB Archive/169649
Article ID: 169649
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169649
When you try to log on to your Exchange mailbox via Active Server Pages, you may receive the following error message:
You have a proxy server in your environment and your browser's proxy settings are set to use the proxy server for all requests. This causes the IIS server to request for authorization at the Exchange Login page and it fails.
Enable the "Do not use proxy server for local (Intranet) addresses" option in Internet Explorer:
- View the Internet Explorer Properties. This can be reached in the following ways:
- Go to Control Panel and double-click on Internet
- Right-click the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop.
- In Internet Explorer, on the View menu, click Options.
- Click the Connection tab; if there is a Settings button , click it.
- Select the "Do not use proxy server for local (intranet) addresses" check box.
Keywords: kbprb kbusage KB169649