Microsoft KB Archive/169252
Article ID: 169252
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 95 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169252
When you click Cancel in the Spelling dialog box, you cannot switch to worksheets (tabs) in a workbook.
This problem occurs when you do all of the following:
- You select (group) two or more worksheets in the workbook. -and-
- You select more than one cell in the active worksheet. -and-
- You click Spelling on the Tools menu or click the Spelling tool. -and-
- You click Cancel after you click one of the following operations in the Spelling dialog box:
To work around this problem, use the following steps:
- Save and close the workbook.
- Quit and restart Microsoft Excel, and then open the workbook.
To avoid this problem in the future, run the spelling checker on each worksheet individually. If you want to check the spelling on multiple worksheets, select one cell instead of multiple cells after you group the worksheets.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Excel 2000.
Additional query words: xl97 xl7 discontiguous tab XL
Keywords: kbprb KB169252