Microsoft KB Archive/168619
Article ID: 168619
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168619
If you use the Timex Data Link Watch Wizard in Microsoft Outlook 97 to export an exact number of days of tasks, you may receive the following error message:
When you click OK, the above error displays a second time and then the wizard proceeds without exporting your tasks.
You can work around this problem by choosing to export all active tasks instead of an exact number of days of tasks.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Outlook 97 for Windows. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Make sure you have the Timex Data Link Watch Wizard installed. For more information about how to install the wizard, type "timex" in the Office Assistant, click Search, and then click to view "The Timex Data Link Wizard."
- Start Outlook and create one or two tasks. The type of task information is not important.
- On the File menu, click Import and Export.
- In the "Choose an action to perform" list, click "Export to the Timex Data Link watch" and then click Next.
- Click to clear all items except Tasks and then click Next.
- Under Export click "Exactly xx day(s) of active tasks." Leave all other default settings and click Next.
You should receive the error message; "Condition is not valid."