Microsoft KB Archive/168113
Article ID: 168113
Article Last Modified on 5/28/2007
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q168113
NOTE: This article provides information about a configuration that is not supported by Microsoft Technical Support. This article is provided for informational purposes only; Microsoft makes no guarantee that this configuration will function properly.
The Windows 95 PowerToys are tools to enhance your use of Windows 95. These tools are designed for Microsoft Windows 95 and can be downloaded as a single file or separately. You can download PowerToys from the following Microsoft Web site:
Some of the PowerToys may work with Windows NT 4.0. This article lists the PowerToys that may work with Windows NT 4.0.
Explore from Here
This is a simple custom command for all folders and containers that lets you click with the right mouse button and then click Explore From Here to open a Windows Explorer window that has the target folder as its root.
Find X 1.2
Lets you add your own custom commands to the Find menu. Comes with a few built-in commands to get you started.
- Find On The Internet (requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0).
- Find In The Knowledge Base - help yourself to Microsoft's own online database of troubleshooting tips.
- Find Address (requires Microsoft Exchange).
- Find Email Message (requires Microsoft Exchange).
Send to X 1.4
Adds the following new commands to the Send To menu:
- Send To Any Folder
- Send To Clipboard As Contents
- Send To Clipboard As Name
- Send To Command Line
Shortcut Target Menu 1.2
Allows you to access the properties for a shortcut's target by using the right mouse button to click the shortcut. This extension adds to any shortcut's context menu the complete context menu of its target.
With TweakUI, you can:
- Change menu speed.
- Change mouse sensitivity.
- Change window animation and sound.
- Change shortcut appearance and default names.
- Change which icons appear on your desktop.
- Create new templates.
- Change boot parameters (including whether or not to start the graphic user interface).
NOTE: In some versions of TweakUI the "prefix shortcuts" feature does not work.
Command Prompt Here 1.1
Click a folder with the right mouse button and start a command prompt here right away.
TIP: You can even use the right mouse button to click the tiny icon in the far upper left corner of an open folder.
Additional query words: power toy toys