Microsoft KB Archive/166851
Article ID: 166851
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q166851
This article describes how you can change the New Contact form so that the option "Automatically record journal entries for this contact" is the default.
In order to select the option to "Automatically record journal entries for this contact," you must create a new Contact form that has this option selected and then set the new form as the default form for your Contacts folder.
Follow these steps to create a new Contact form:
- Open your default Contacts folder.
- On the File menu, point to New and click Contact.
- On the Tools menu, click "Design Outlook Form."
- Click the Journal tab and click to select "Automatically record journal entries for this contact."
- Click the General tab and on the form File menu, click "Publish Form As."
NOTE: If you fail to click the General tab, each new Contact form opens to the Journal tab rather than the General tab.
- In Form name, type a name and choose to publish the form in your Contacts folder.
Follow these steps to make the new form your default Contacts form:
- Click Folder list on the toolbar, right-click the Contacts folder and click Properties on the context-sensitve menu.
- In the "When posting to this folder, use" list, click to select the new form you just created and click OK.
Keywords: kbhowto KB166851