Microsoft KB Archive/166648
Article ID: 166648
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q166648
For a Microsoft Word 2002 version of this article, see 290980.
In Microsoft Outlook, you can set the mailing address to a Business, Home, or Other address. If you set the Microsoft Outlook Home address with the This is the mailing address setting, you will be unable to use the Insert Address button to insert the Outlook Business address in Microsoft Word 97.
In Outlook, use the following steps to change the designation of the This is the mailing address to the Business address:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click the Contacts button.
- Double-click a name and click the General tab.
- Click the drop-down menu for the type of address.
You should see the three choices of Business, Home, and Other. Click Business.
- Click the This is the mailing address check box to select it.
- Click Save And Close.
- Minimize or close Microsoft Outlook.
- In Microsoft Word 97, click the Insert Address button.
- In the Select Name dialog box, click the down arrow next to Show Names from the, and click Contacts (under the Outlook Address Book item).
- Click the name that you want to use, click the Mailing button and click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
The Insert Address button can be accessed by doing any of the following:
- On the Tools menu, click Envelopes And Labels. -or-
- From the Letter Wizard, use the Recipient Information tab. -or-
- Place the Insert Address command or button on a toolbar.
For additional information, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For additional information about , please see the following article(s) in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
134901 How To Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry
141874 Some Contact List Fields Not Available to Word
Keywords: kbbug kbinterop kbpending kbusage KB166648