Microsoft KB Archive/166575
Article ID: 166575
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
This article was previously published under Q166575
When you run Microsoft Outlook 97 versions 8.0, 8.01, 8.02, and 8.03 under Microsoft Windows NT and log on as a user without privileges to change date and time settings, and you change the "Adjust for daylight saving time" option the time does not change and you receive no warning message.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Outlook 97. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 2 (SR-2).
For additional information about SR-2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
151261 OFF97: How to Obtain and Install MS Office 97 SR-2
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Log on as a user without privileges to change the system time and date.
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Calendar tab, and then click Time Zone.
- In the Time Zone list, select a different zone.
- Click to select or clear the "Adjust for daylight saving time" check box, and click OK twice to close Options.
You receive no error message to inform that you do not have the correct permissions to make the changes, and the changes are not made.
Additional query words: authorized GMT
Keywords: kbbug KB166575