Microsoft KB Archive/165035
Article ID: 165035
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Access 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q165035
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
When you use the Combo Box Wizard to create a combo box on a form that is not based on any table or query or based on a SQL statement, only two options appear on the first screen of the wizard. The following option does not appear:
Find a record on my form based on the value I selected in my combo box.
The form that contains the combo box must be based on a table or query before the Combo Box Wizard can display the third option.
To make the third option available in the Combo Box Wizard, create a query based on your SQL statement and use that query as the record source property of the form.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb in Microsoft Access 7.0 or 97.
- Create a form not based on any table or query and type the following for the RecordSource property:
Select * from Employees;
- Enable the Control Wizards button on the Toolbox toolbar, and then add a combo box to the form.
- The Combo Box Wizard starts and displays the first two options.
For more information about the Combo Box Wizard, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
133087 ACC: Combo Box Wizard Does Not Allow Selection of Table/Query
Keywords: kbprb kbusage KB165035