Microsoft KB Archive/164271
Article ID: 164271
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q164271
This article provides information on the conversion of files from Microsoft Schedule+ versions 1.0 and 7.0, to Outlook 97.
Schedule+ Program Required
Certain Schedule+ Support Files must be installed on your computer before the Schedule+ converters will work. These files are installed by Outlook if you choose to install the Schedule+ Support Files during Outlook setup.
To install the Schedule+ Support Files do the following:
- Click the Start button and Point to Settings and click Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Microsoft Office 97 or Microsoft Outlook 97 and click Add/Remove.
- In the Setup dialog box, click Add/Remove.
- Click Microsoft Outlook and then click Change Options.
- Place a checkmark in Schedule+ Support files and click OK and Continue.
Two different Outlook Converters are supplied for two different versions of Schedule+, version 1.0 (.cal files) and version 7.0 (.scd files). It is important that you choose the proper converter for the version of the file being converted.
Steps to Import a Schedule+ File
To import a Schedule+ file do the following:
- On Outlook's File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click "Import from Schedule+ or another program or file", and click Next.
- Click Schedule+ 1.0 or Schedule+ 7.0 and click Next.
- Click Browse, navigate to the file to be imported and click Next.
- If called for, type a password and click OK.
NOTE: You may be prompted for a password during conversion even though you are not prompted for a password during normal Schedule+ startup. The password prompt is coming from Schedule+. The password is stored in the user profile used to start Schedule+ and is automatically inserted when that profile is used to start Schedule+. It is necessary to enter the password to run the conversion.
- Select Import "<filename>" into "<foldername>" and click Map Custom Fields. (Where < name> is the file or folder name you want to use.)
NOTE: You will see a separate entry for each information element (Contacts, Appointments, and Tasks) in the incoming file. You must click to remove the check mark next to those elements to, you do not want to import.
- Map "<Schedule+ fieldname>" to "<Outlook fieldname>" and click OK.
Most fields will automatically map from Schedule+ fields to the proper Outlook fields. However, it is very important that you verify the mapping to assure each Schedule+ field is mapped to the appropriate Outlook field.
Only Server based folders or personal folders can be the target for importing. Private folders do not show up in the destination list in the Select A Folder dialog box.
NOTE: Schedule+ permissions are not imported to the Outlook Calendar. You must manually configure permissions for the Calendar folder to allow others to access your schedule.
Single appointments imported from a file having a different time zone will be adjusted for the time zone change. That is, an appointment scheduled for 1:00 PM Pacific Time will show up as 3:00 PM when imported into a file that uses Central Time.
Recurring appointments, imported from a file having a different time zone, will NOT be adjusted for the time zone change. That is, an appointment scheduled for 1:00 PM Pacific Time will show up as 1:00 PM when imported into a file that uses Central Time.
Project fields are mapped to Outlook Categories for Tasks. While these categories are assigned to the individual Outlook tasks, they do not update the Master Category list in Outlook.
For more information on Schedule+ conversion issues, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
162990 OL97: Troubleshooting Schedule+ Import Problems
165873 OL97: Sam Translator Error Importing Schedule Plus File
167425 OL97: Error Importing Schedule+ 1.0 (.cal) Files to Outlook
Keywords: kbexport kbfaq kbhowto kbimport kbmigrate KB164271