Microsoft KB Archive/161692
Article ID: 161692
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q161692
When you try to break, display, or edit a linked object, you receive one or more of the following symptoms:
- ALT+F9 or SHIFT+F9 does not display the link field code.
- CTRL+SHIFT+F9 does not break the link of the selected linked object.
- The Links command is not available (dimmed) on the Edit menu.
The object was inserted with the Float Over Text property. It is not an inline object.
To work around this problem, convert the Float Over Text object to an inline object using the following steps:
- With the right mouse button, click the object.
- Click Format Picture.
- Click the Position tab.
- Click to clear the Float Over Text check box, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the products listed at the beginning of this article. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
For additional information, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Additional query words: 8.0 word8 word97
Keywords: kbgraphic kbualink97 KB161692