Microsoft KB Archive/158904
CD-ROM Benchmark Program May Not Disable Read Ahead or Caching
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release, versions 2, 2.1
When you are using a CD-ROM benchmark program to test the file transfer rate of a CD-ROM drive, the program may not disable read ahead and caching for the CD-ROM drive, which may result in an inaccurate measurement of the drive's transfer rate
Disable read ahead and caching for the CD-ROM drive. To do so, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, double click System.
- Click the Performance tab.
- Click File System.
- Click the CD-ROM tab and move the Supplemental Cache Size slider all the way to the left (to Small).
- In the Optimize Access Pattern For box, click No Read Head.
Additional query words: 95
Keywords : osr2 win95
Issue type :
Technology : kbWin95search kbOPKSearch kbWin95OPKOSR2 kbWin95OPKOSR210
Last Reviewed: January 31, 2001