Microsoft KB Archive/157767
PSS ID Number: 157767
Article Last Modified on 6/14/2004
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro for Windows 5.0
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro for Windows 5.0a
This article was previously published under Q157767
Vfpodbc5.exe is a patch that contains the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver version 5.0
The Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver provides extremely fast access to Visual FoxPro 5.0, Visual FoxPro 3.0, and FoxPro 2.x tables, as well as Visual FoxPro 5.0 and 3.0 databases. It supports all database rules, triggers, and default values and conforms with the ODBC level 1 API.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file. To install the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver 5.0, run Vfpodbc5.exe. The following information is an excerpt from the Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver 5.0 Update Release Notes. The complete Release Notes are installed with the updated driver.
What is New in this release
- Query performance is 20% faster.
- Vfpodbc.dll is smaller (from 1.20MB to ~835KB).
- The SET commands (see Help file for a list of supported SET commands) are now supported.
- VERSION( ) is supported through stored procedures.
- Local views are read-only.
- If you insert or update a table with a logical field (a column with a SQL_BIT data type), you can now use 1 (true) and 0 (false) to store a value in a field. When comparing values or in an expression, you must use .T. (true) and .F. (false).
- The 16-bit version of Microsoft Query (version 1.0) now works with the Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver.
- SQLGetInfo( ) and SQL_FILE_USAGE now returns SQL_FILE_QUALIFIER for both database and free table data sources.
- If you insert, delete, or update a Visual FoxPro table via the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver, you might get a "Trigger Failed" message. Check for unsupported commands in the trigger.
- INDEX ON is not supported in this release.
- If a table is opened exclusively and the same table is accessed by another user with SET EXCLUSIVE OFF, then the Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver returns the error "Cannot Open File" instead of "File is in use by another."
- MSQuery returns a "Cannot Access Table" error when creating a table with a field name that starts with a number. For example, the field name "1995 Sales" is not allowed. Visual FoxPro does not allow the creation of field names that begin with a number, but MSQuery does.
Keywords: kbdownload kbAutomation kbfile kbinfo kbinterop KB157767
Technology: kbAudDeveloper kbVFP500 kbVFP500a kbVFPsearch