Microsoft KB Archive/150977
Article ID: 150977
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q150977
The following error may be generated by the MSExchangeIS service and logged in the Application Log in Microsoft Windows NT Event Viewer:
If any localized Microsoft Exchange Clients have mailboxes on a Microsoft Exchange Server computer, the Exchange Server computer must have the correct code pages installed for the appropriate character mapping to occur. You must install the code page on the Exchange Server computer in Control Panel by double-clicking International, and the Locales property sheet for that Exchange Server computer must list the code page (in other words, the language) under Selected Locales.
To configure the Exchange Server computer to allow localized Exchange Clients to connect and see information that is properly sorted and formatted for their language, perform the following steps:
- Start the Exchange Server Administrator program, select the Servers object, and select the Exchange Server computer that is generating the error.
- On the File menu, click Properties, and click the Locales tab. Add the appropriate languages from the list on the left. If the appropriate code page has not been installed in Microsoft Windows NT, a prompt appears that asks you to install the code page.
- In accordance with the procedure outlined in the Readme file provided on the Microsoft Exchange Server CD:
- Log on to the Microsoft Windows NT Server computer as a local administrator.
- In Program Manager, select the Main program group, and in Control Panel, double-click International.
- In Language, select the language support you want to add to the computer, and click OK. You are prompted to specify the location of the national language support files.
- Restart the computer.
- Reset the country and language settings back to their original settings.
This procedure may change with the release of Windows NT Server version 4.0.
Following is a list of languages and the corresponding Windows NT code pages that the data is translated into. The
number in the error message corresponds to the number in the Windows NT column:
For additional information about this issue, please click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
159721 XADM: How To Add Templates for Different Language Clients
More information about code pages and Windows NT can be found in Appendix C of the Microsoft Windows NT Resource Kit. More information about international issues and Exchange Server can be found in Section 13.0 of The Readme.wri file on the Microsoft Exchange Server CD.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbhowto kbusage KB150977