Microsoft KB Archive/148199
Article ID: 148199
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q148199
When you use the Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector in Microsoft Exchange Server version 4.0, a Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector (Alias: AdminSch) mailbox agent must be present. If it is not present, the Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector cannot be configured or executed. This article discusses how to replace the agent if it is removed.
NOTE: Take extreme care performing the steps below. All configuration information for the Microsoft Mail Connector will be lost, along with any custom PC Mail MTA. Re-configure the Microsoft Mail Connector after you re-install it.
If the Schedule+ Free/Busy agent has been removed or is missing from the site, the Microsoft Mail Connector must be removed and re-installed through the Microsoft Exchange Server Setup Program. Do the following:
- Run the Setup program in maintenance mode and click Add/Remove.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange Server Change Option.
- Clear the MS Mail Connector option. Click OK and continue through the installation process. The Microsoft Mail Connector is removed.
- Run the Setup program in maintenance mode again and click Add/Remove.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Server Change Option.
- Select the Microsoft Mail Connector. Click OK and continue through the installation process.
NOTE: You must reinstall the latest Microsoft Exchange Server Service Pack (SP) after removing and re-adding the MS Mail Connector. In addition, you must re-install SP2 before re-installing SP3 or SP4.
The Schedule+ Free/Busy agent is in the Recipient container of the site and the server, where the Microsoft Mail Connector was re-installed.
Additional query words: MSMI
Keywords: kbnetwork KB148199