Microsoft KB Archive/136130
Article ID: 136130
Article Last Modified on 10/20/2003
- Microsoft Access 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access Developer's Toolkit 1.1
This article was previously published under Q136130
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
This article applies only to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb).
The Microsoft Access Developer's Toolkit (ADT) for Windows 95 version 7.0 provides tools to create, to package, and to distribute custom applications that you develop by using the retail version of Microsoft Access for Windows 95 version 7.0. The retail version of Microsoft Access 7.0 is not included with the ADT, but you can purchase it separately.
The ADT 7.0 offers the following features:
- Setup Wizard to package Microsoft Access applications for distribution.
- Royalty-free Microsoft Access run-time license for distributing applications to multiple desktops.
- Replication Manager, which allows administrators to manage replication networks, allows users to schedule when a database is replicated, and provides support for disconnected remote replication sites.
- OLE controls including Data Outline, Rich text box, TabStrip, Spinner, Common Dialog, and other controls built for Windows 95 and Windows NT 3.51.
- Visual Basic for Applications reference manuals.
- Office Compatible Basic Toolkit with information about creating Office Compatible applications.
- Microsoft Windows 95 Help Compiler
- Win32 API Declarations File and Viewer.
- Free sampler compact disc packed with additional reference materials for Microsoft Access developers.
The Microsoft Access Developer's Toolkit version 7.0 is scheduled to be available through resellers in the fall of 1995 with an estimated retail price of $499. A $100 rebate will be offered to registered owners (in the United States only) of the Microsoft Access Developer's Toolkit version 2.0.
For additional information more information about new features in the Microsoft ADT, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
139480 ADT95: ADT for Windows 95 Product Information Available in Download Center
For additional information more information about new features in the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
162962 ODE97: New Features in MS Office 97 Developer Edition Tools
Additional query words: inf
Keywords: kbhowto kbusage KB136130