Microsoft KB Archive/108342
Article ID: 108342
Article Last Modified on 1/18/2007
- Microsoft Project 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 4.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 4.1a
- Microsoft Project 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 3.0a
- Microsoft Project 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 1.1 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Project 3.0 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Project 4.0 for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q108342
When you enter an Actual Start date that is later than the Scheduled Start date and the task has a Must Finish On Constraint, you may receive the following error message:
In Microsoft Project 98, a constraint indicator will be shown in the indicators field.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
To create a situation in which you receive the error with only one task defined, do the following:
- Create a task with a 5 day duration and a constraint of Must Finish On.
- Set an actual start date for the task to a date after the Scheduled Start date (that is, if the Scheduled Start date is 12/1/93, make the Actual Start Date 12/3/93).
In Project 4.x: The error message 'Late Date Before Start Date in Task x' will be generated. This error message appears because the task cannot finish before the Constraint Date.
In Project 98: A constraint indicator will be shown in the indicators field.
Additional query words: 3.00a Negative slack
Keywords: kbinfo kbusage KB108342