Microsoft KB Archive/108168
Article ID: 108168
Article Last Modified on 9/30/2003
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q108168
The FoxPro for Windows resource file (by default FOXUSER.DBF and its associated memo file, FOXUSER.FPT) contains label layouts used by the Label Writer. If this information is deleted or damaged, the following error occurs when you try to create a label:
To restore the label layout information, do one of the following:
- Make sure a resource file is in use.
NOTE: To check this, choose About FoxPro from the Help menu, then choose the Next button. This dialog box displays the current resource file. Alternatively, you can use the SYS(2005) function to display the current resource file.
- Run ADDLABEL.APP from the FOXPROW\GOODIES\MISC subdirectory. Make sure that the Add Label Layouts dialog box displays the correct resource file, then choose the Add Labels button.
NOTE: If the FOXPROW\GOODIES\MISC subdirectory does not exist on your hard disk, run the ALLUNPAK.BAT file from an MS-DOS prompt. The ALLUNPAK.BAT file, which resides in the FOXPROW\GOODIES subdirectory, creates several subdirectories under FOXPROW\GOODIES, including the MISC subdirectory.
If the ALLUNPAK.BAT file is not on your hard disk, you can install it by selecting the Other Sample Code And Goodies option from the Custom Install selection screen during FoxPro setup.
NOTE: You may have to rename the resource files (Foxuser.dbf and Foxuser.fpt by default) before using this resolution.
- Run the Addlabel.app application in main Visual FoxPro directory.
- In the Addlabel dialog box, select the appropriate Resource file, and then click Add Labels to Resource File.
Additional query words: VFoxWin FoxWin 2.50 2.50a 2.50b 2.60 2.60a errmsg err msg RWriter LWriter Avery
Keywords: kberrmsg KB108168