Microsoft KB Archive/107589
From BetaArchive Wiki
< Microsoft KB Archive
Article ID: 107589
Article Last Modified on 11/15/2004
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 3.0a
- Microsoft Works 3.0b
- Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.5a
- Microsoft Works 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.0a
This article was previously published under Q107589
If you have a linked chart in a Word Processor document and you change the size of it, the size of the text may no longer be in proportion to the rest of the chart.
This behavior is by design and occurs because OLE (object linking and embedding) does not support a recompose or resize operation on linked objects.
You can resize the object the following ways:
- Resize the object in the chart window before inserting it into the Word Processor.
- Double-click the object from the Word Processor to open the chart window, resize the chart, then close the chart window to return to the Word Processor.
How to Resize the Chart Object in the Chart Window
- Position the mouse cursor over an edge of the chart window.
- When the cursor changes to an arrow pointing two directions, click and drag the window's edge in the desired direction.
Additional query words: 3.00 3.00a 3.00b 4.00 4.00a 4.50 4.50a kbhowto picture graph bar words line big too small
Keywords: kbhowto KB107589