Microsoft KB Archive/107426
Fax Wizard: Return Mailing Address Not Retained
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for Windows, version 6.0
- Microsoft Windows 3.1
The Fax Wizard (FAX.WIZ) included with Word 6.0 for Windows does not retain your mailing address information between sessions. Each time you run the Fax Wizard you will need to retype your return mailing address.
The Fax Wizard does not correctly retrieve the mailing address information from the WORDWIZ.INI file.
The third panel of the Fax Wizard prompts you for your name, company name, and mailing address. The wizard should supply previously typed information for these fields, but only does so for the name and company name fields.
To modify the Fax Wizard so that the mailing address information is retained between Wizard sessions, do the following:
- From the File menu, choose Open. Open the FAX.WIZ file from your Word for Windows TEMPLATE subdirectory (usually, C:\WINWORD\TEMPLATE).
- From the Tools menu, choose Macro.
- From the Macros Available In list box, select Fax.wiz (Template).
- Select the macro named StartWizard and choose the Edit button.
From the Edit menu, choose Find. In Find What type:
RstDlgPref "ReturnAddress", uaddr$
- Choose the Find Next button. When the text is found, choose the Cancel button.
Change the selected line to the following:
RstDlgMultiLinePref "ReturnAddress", uaddr$
- From the File menu, choose Close and when prompted, choose to save changes to the StartWizard macro.
- With the FAX.WIZ template active, close and save changes to the Fax Wizard.
Kbcategory: kbusage kbmacro
Additional query words: 6.0 Fax.wiz returnaddress winword word6
Keywords : kbtemplate
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000