Microsoft KB Archive/106186
ACC1x: Printing "Data Only" Prints Grid Lines
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1
When you are printing a form, datasheet, or report to a printer set up to print Data Only, grid lines and other graphics print along with the data.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 2.0.
Printing with the Data Only box selected in the Printer Setup dialog box is supposed to print only the text data of a datasheet or report and is supposed to leave out gridlines, graphics, borders, and so on, so that you can print the text on preprinted forms. However, even when the Data Only box is selected, gridlines and graphics are included when printing.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Start Microsoft Access and open the sample database NWIND.MDB.
- Open the Categories form.
- From the File menu, choose Print, and then choose Setup.
- In the Print Setup dialog box, select the Data Only check box.
- In the Print dialog box, choose OK, and then choose OK again.
Note that gridlines and pictures print along with the text data.
For more information, search for "Print Setup Command" using the Help menu.
Additional query words: Printing Grids
Keywords : kbprint
Issue type : kbbug
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000