Microsoft KB Archive/105974
Mac Works 3.0: Installing Works 3.0 from a Network
PSS ID Number: Q105974 Article last modified on 10-22-1998
====================================================================== 3.00 MACINTOSH kbother
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Works for the Macintosh, version 3.0|
This article explains how to set up and install Works version 3.0 for the Macintosh on a local machine by running the installation from a network server. The information in this article is taken from the “Guide to Using Microsoft Works for the Macintosh on a Network.”
The installation of Works must take place on the server itself. If your server is not a Macintosh, the installation must take place on a Macintosh, and the installed folder can then be placed on the network server.
To install Works on a server
- Turn off any virus detection software you may be running.
- Insert the Works Disk 1 - Install into the disk drive.
- In the Works Disk 1 - Install window, double click the Installer icon.
- In the Easy Install dialog box, choose the Customize button.
- Choose Install Works From Server from the list if you want to install Works later on individual workstations from the server.
- Choose the Install button. Follow the instructions to insert the Works disks.
- When the Installation Complete dialog box is displayed, choose the Restart button.
To install Works on individual workstations
Make sure that the workstation and monitor are turned on.
Turn off any virus detection software you may be running.
From the Apple menu, choose Chooser.
Select the AppleShare or other network icon, an AppleTalk zone, and the server that contains the Works files.
If requested, type a name and password, and then choose the OK button.
If requested, highlight the server item you want, and then choose the OK button.
A network folder icon is displayed on the desktop, indicating that you are connected to the server.
Close Chooser, and then double-click the network folder.
Open the folder that contains the Works files and double-click the Installer icon.
In the Easy Install dialog box, choose the Install button and then type your name (and company, if appropriate) when it is requested.
When the Installation Complete dialog box is displayed, choose the Restart button.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: macworkskb
Additional reference words: 3.00 3.00a mac
====================================================================== Version : 3.0 Platform : MACINTOSH Issue type : kbinfo ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.