Microsoft KB Archive/105968
Mac Works 3.0:Removing the Communications Toolbox Under System 6
PSS ID Number: Q105968 Article last modified on 10-22-1998
====================================================================== 3.00 MACINTOSH kbother
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Works for the Macintosh, version 3.0|
Works 3.0 adds some resources to the System file when installed on a Macintosh running System 6. These resources are present in System software version 7 and do NOT need to be installed.
If an icon resembling a phone with some tools around it displays when you start your system, you have these resources.
To remove the Communications resources from a machine that has Works 3.0 installed, do the following:
- Turn off any virus detection software you may be running.
- Insert the Works Disk 1 - Install disk into the disk drive.
- In the Works Disk 1 - Install window, double click the Installer icon.
- In the Easy Install dialog box, choose the Customize button.
- Choose CTB Resources for System 6 from the list.
- Hold down the Option key on the keyboard and choose the Remove button. Follow the instructions to insert the Works disks.
- When the Removal successful dialog box is displayed, choose the Restart button.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: macworkskb
Additional reference words: 3.00 mac mwkssetup
====================================================================== Version : 3.0 Platform : MACINTOSH Issue type : kbinfo ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.