Microsoft KB Archive/105924
Article ID: 105924
Article Last Modified on 10/12/2003
- Microsoft Windows Sound System 1.0
- Microsoft Windows Sound System 1.0a
This article was previously published under Q105924
There are three ways to determine which version of the Windows Sound System software you are running:
- Start Windows and open the Windows Sound System group. If you have a Games Configuration icon, you are using version 1.0a of Windows Sound System software. -or-
- Start Windows and open the Windows Sound System group.
- Start Quick Recorder.
- From the Help menu, choose About. The dialog box will report either version 1.0 or 1.0a.
- Start Volume Control, Recording Control, or Sound Finder.
- From the System menu on the top-left corner, choose About. The dialog box will report either version 1.0 or 1.0a
- Compare the file and file sizes (the following file details are for 1.0a).
Check the Windows Sound System Setup Disk 1 for the file:
GAMECNFG EX_ 11796 02-17-93 1:00a
Check the C:\SNDSYS directory for the file:
GAMECNFG.EXE 23049 02-17-93 1:00:10am
Additional query words: 1.00 1.00a 1