Microsoft KB Archive/105009
Article ID: 105009
Article Last Modified on 2/16/2005
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 7.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q105009
When the MODIFY REPORT command is issued in an executable file and the report to be modified is an MS-DOS-style report, one the following error messages occur:
Under FoxPro 2.x for Window, resolve this problem by runing the transporter on the report before modifying the report.
For example, insert the following line in the program shown below in the "More Information" section as the first line of code:
DO TRANSPRT.FXP WITH "RPT25.FRX", 13
This line causes the transporter program, TRANSPRT.PRG, to be called prior to modification of the report.
Save the program, rebuild the executable, and rerun the .EXE file. The Transport dialog box appears, the report is transported, and the Report Writer is launched with the transported report. Note that the transporter program is included in the project and thus built into your application.
NOTE: Under Visual FoxPro for Windows, open the report files by choosing Open from the File menu. This automatically calls the converter utility.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- In FoxPro for MS-DOS, create a quick report. Save the report as RPT25.FRX.
- Open FoxPro for Windows.
Create a new project and add to the project a program that contains the following code:
MODIFY REPORT RPT25.FRX
- Save the project and build an executable file.
- Run the executable file from Program Manager or File Manager. The following error message appears:
Additional query words: XPlatForm VFoxWin FoxWin 2.50 2.50a 2.50b 2.60 2.60a errmsg err msg
Keywords: kberrmsg KB105009