The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro for Windows, version 3.0
- Microsoft FoxPro for Windows, versions 2.5, 2.5a, and 2.5b
- Microsoft FoxPro for MS-DOS, versions 2.0, 2.5, 2.5a, and 2.5b
Support files for Microsoft FoxPro for Windows and MS-DOS are available from the Microsoft Download Service (MSDL) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There is no connect-time charge for using this service. However, standard connect-time fees and long-distance telephone charges, if any, do apply during downloading.
The phone number is (206) 936-MSDL (936-6735). The communications settings are 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit. Baud rates are 1200, 2400, 9600, or 14,400 baud (V.32).
To download files for FoxPro:
- Using your communications software, call the MSDL at (206) 936-6735 between 1200 and 14,400 baud. Set the data bits to 8, the parity to None, and the stop bits to 1.
- When prompted, type your full name, and then press ENTER.
- When prompted, type your city and state, and then press ENTER.
- When prompted, press Y for Yes or N for No, indicating whether you have entered your name, city, and state correctly.
- Several screens of new user information may be displayed. Clear each screen of new user information by pressing ENTER until you reach the Main Menu.
- At the Main Menu, press F for File Index.
- In the File Index menu, press 7 for FoxPro, Access, and Money.
- In the FoxPro, Access, and Money Files menu, press 1 for FoxPro.
- In the FoxPro Files menu, press the menu number for the appropriate FoxPro category.
- Locate the file you want to download.
- At the next prompt, press D for Download, and then press ENTER.
- At the File Name prompt, type the filename to be downloaded, and then press ENTER.
- Choose the transfer protocol used by your communications software. If you are unsure, press X for Xmodem.
- Start the download feature of your communications software. (In Microsoft Windows Terminal, for example, choose Receive Binary File from the Transfers menu).
- When your communications software has finished downloading the file, press ENTER.
- To leave the MSDL, press E to Exit, then use the hang-up function of your communications software.
For more information about using the MSDL, query on the following words here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
msdl and troubleshooting
NOTE: An Application Note that fully describes how to use the MSDL is available from Microsoft. For more information about this Application Note, query on the following words here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
msdl and appnote and ga0604