Microsoft KB Archive/103544
Article ID: 103544
Article Last Modified on 11/22/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q103544
This information applies to both Microsoft DoubleSpace and Microsoft DriveSpace. For MS-DOS 6.22, use DRVSPACE in place of DBLSPACE for commands and filenames.
The DIR /C command does not report a compression ratio for a file if one of the following is true:
- The Microsoft DoubleSpace FAT (MDFAT) is damaged.
- The file is open in another Windows virtual machine (VM), and the MDFAT has not been updated.
- The file was created by Microsoft Backup (or Microsoft Backup for Windows).
To work around this problem, check the file compression ratio in File Manager or run ScanDisk.
NOTE: The fact that a file does not have a compression ratio does not affect the ability of DoubleSpace to calculate an actual compression ratio (ACR) for the whole drive.
Additional query words: MWBackup 6.00 6.20