Microsoft KB Archive/103528
Article ID: 103528
Article Last Modified on 11/25/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q103528
This information applies to both Microsoft DoubleSpace and Microsoft DriveSpace. For MS-DOS 6.22, use DRVSPACE in place of DBLSPACE for commands and filenames.
You can add SWITCHES=/N, SWITCHES=/F, and SWITCHES=/F/N to the DBLSPACE.INI file with the following commands:
However, since there is no DoubleSpace command to remove these entries, you must do so using a text editor.
To remove the SWITCHES entries from the DBLSPACE.INI file:
- Remove the Read-Only, System, and Hidden file attributes on the DBLSPACE.INI file. For example, if drive H is your host drive, type the following at the MS-DOS command prompt and press ENTER:
attrib h:\dblspace.ini -r -s -h
- Using MS-DOS Editor, edit the DBLSPACE.INI file and remove the SWITCHES= entries.
- Save the DBLSPACE.INI file and quit MS-DOS Editor.
- Use the ATTRIB command to reset the file attributes on DBLSPACE.INI. For example, if your host drive is drive H, type the following command and press ENTER:
attrib h:\dblspace.ini +r +s +h
For more information on the SWITCHES entry, type help switches at the MS-DOS command prompt and then press ENTER.
Additional query words: 6.20