Microsoft KB Archive/103290
Article ID: 103290
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Electronic Forms Designer 5.0, when used with:
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.0
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.2
This article was previously published under Q103290
When you run the Setup program (SETUP.EXE) to install version 1.0 of Microsoft Electronic Forms Designer, you may receive one or both of the following error messages:
These errors can occur if newer versions of the above files exist in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.
The Electronic Forms Designer uses the Microsoft Visual Basic Setup program to install its components. There is a problem with the Microsoft Visual Basic Setup stub that displays the above messages when you try to install over a newer version of a particular file.
In addition, the error dialog box for VBRUN200.DLL has the path C:\WINDOWS hard-coded into it. This is incorrect--the files are installed in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory and not all systems have a specific WINDOWS subdirectory (for example, WIN31).
To install the Electronic Forms Designer after receiving one of the above error messages, perform the following steps:
- Rename the offending file in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM subdirectory by changing the extension from .VBX to .OLD (for example, VBRUN200.OLD or THREED.OLD).
- Run Setup to install the Electronic Forms Designer.
- Replace the file installed by the E-forms Setup program with the .OLD file created in step 1 by renaming it to the appropriate filename.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be problem in version 1.0 of Microsoft Electronic Forms Designer. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: 1.00