Microsoft KB Archive/103147
Article ID: 103147
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
This article was previously published under Q103147
When you are using Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server and trying to configure a printer under Services for Macintosh, you may receive the following error message:
To avoid this error message, do not press the ENTER key while the AppleTalk zone is being searched for printers.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. This problem was corrected in the latest U.S. Service Pack for Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. For information on obtaining the Service Pack, query on the following word in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (without the spaces):
S E R V P A C K
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- From the Control Panel, use the Network icon to install Services for Macintosh.
- From the Main group window, choose the Print Manager icon.
- If no printers appear in the Print Manager dialog box, choose Create Printer from the Printer menu and install a printer driver for an Apple LaserWriter printer.
- Select the Apple LaserWriter, and then choose Properties from the Printer menu in Print Manager.
- Choose Network Printer at the bottom of the Print To list.
- Choose AppleTalk Printing Devices from the Print Destinations dialog box and then choose the OK button.
- From the Available AppleTalk Printing Devices dialog box, select a zone and press the ENTER key.
- While the computer is searching the zone, press ENTER again.
At this point, the above error message will appear.
Additional query words: sfm prodnt
Keywords: kbinterop KB103147