Microsoft KB Archive/102062
Article ID: 102062
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
This article was previously published under Q102062
When you log on to a Windows NT system, you may receive the following error message:
This problem occurs if you are assigned a mandatory profile.
This error message occurs if any of the following are true:
- The profile does not exist (that is, the file is missing).
- The path does not exist.
- The share does not exist.
- The permissions on the path or the share do not allow you to connect to it.
- The permissions on the profile do not allow you to read the file.
- You do not have access to the data inside the profile. This can be set in the User Profile Editor Permitted To Use field.
- There is no disk space left on the partition where Windows NT resides.
To correct this problem, ask your system administrator to determine which condition mentioned above is causing the error.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords: kbother KB102062