Microsoft KB Archive/102054
Article ID: 102054
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
This article was previously published under Q102054
On a system using NT Flexboot to boot both MS-DOS and Windows NT, Windows NT appends the path setting found in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file to the default command environment. This is done so that you can run MS-DOS-based applications that are currently installed on your system without modifying Windows NT.
If the you do not want the MS-DOS path appended to the default Windows NT environment, do the following:
- Create a batch file (for example, DOSPATH.BAT) with the PATH statement from your AUTOEXEC.BAT file.
- Remove the PATH statement from AUTOEXEC.BAT.
- Use the CALL command to call the other batch file. For example:
When you boot Windows NT, it does not find a PATH statement in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file. However, when you boot MS-DOS, the AUTOEXEC.BAT file runs DOSPATH.BAT and sets your path.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords: kbenv KB102054