Microsoft KB Archive/101904
Article ID: 101904
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.1
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 3.1a
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 3.1c
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 3.1d
This article was previously published under Q101904
In versions 3.0 and 3.1 of Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks, the workstation Notifier may stop working. This includes the chime, flashing menu bar, and Notifier window.
The following are possible causes of this problem:
- The Notifier Preferences options (chimes, flashing menu bar, and Notifier window) have been turned off.
- With System 7 or later, the Apple Menu Item is named something other than the required Microsoft Mail.
- A Claris application or any application that uses modal windows is running.
The following are solutions to the causes listed above:
- To check Notifier Preferences, choose Preferences from the Mail menu. To turn on a Notifier option, select the Notifier icon and then click the desired option.
- To enter the correct name for the Apple Menu item, open the Apple Menu Items folder from the System folder, and then correctly name the Desk Accessory Microsoft Mail.
- There is no known workaround for this situation. It is known that many Claris applications disable the Notifier options until you exit the Claris application.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in versions 3.0 and 3.1 of Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: 3.00 3.10 3.10a 3.10c 3.10d