Difference between revisions of "Microsoft KB Archive/101595"
(importing KB archive)
m (Text replacement - """ to """)
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
= <span id="KB101595"></span>PRB:
= <span id="KB101595"></span>PRB: Insufficient Memory for Application's Required Space=
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
== SYMPTOMS ==
== SYMPTOMS ==
The following error message occurs when you attempt to start an MS-DOS session from FoxPro for Windows using the RUN or
The following error message occurs when you attempt to start an MS-DOS session from FoxPro for Windows using the RUN or !(without the quotation marks) commands:
Latest revision as of 08:20, 20 July 2020
Article ID: 101595
Article Last Modified on 11/17/2003
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FoxPro 2.5b
- Microsoft FoxPro 2.5a
This article was previously published under Q101595
The following error message occurs when you attempt to start an MS-DOS session from FoxPro for Windows using the RUN or "!" (without the quotation marks) commands:
There is not enough free virtual or physical memory to start the MS-DOS-based program.
Use one of the following methods to increase the amount of free memory:
Increase the size of the Windows swap file and, if you are using Windows 3.1, enable 32-bit disk access if possible. Windows needs less free physical RAM to run an MS-DOS session when 32-bit disk access is turned on. To modify the swap file and turn on 32-bit disk access:
- From the Main group in Program Manager, run the Control Panel then choose the 386 Enhanced icon.
- Choose the Virtual Memory button.
- Choose the Change button.
- Select the type of virtual memory you want to use (Temporary or Permanent) from the Type list box, then enter a larger size in the New Size box. The new swap file does not take effect until Windows is restarted. If you select a permanent swap file and have a compatible hard drive controller, the 32-Bit Disk Access check box is displayed. If the check box is empty, select it to enable 32-bit disk access.
Quit any other MS-DOS-based programs that are currently running.
Use the PIF Editor, located in the Main group in Windows 3.1, to open the FOXRUN.PIF file, which is located in the FoxPro development directory (usually FOXPROW). Decrease the KB Required value for any or all of the following areas: Memory Requirements (conventional memory), EMS Memory, or XMS Memory.
For more information on using virtual memory and swap files, query on the following words in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
windows and swap and file and virtual and memory
(c) Microsoft Corporation 2000, All Rights Reserved. Contributions by Kevin Zollman, Microsoft Corporation.
Additional query words: VFoxWin FoxWin 2.50 errmsg err msg akz
Keywords: kberrmsg KB101595