Microsoft KB Archive/100703
Article ID: 100703
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP 2.1
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP 3.0
This article was previously published under Q100703
The Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP displays the following error message:
This error indicates that the SMTP Gateway program SMTPGET.EXE was unable to successfully build the Microsoft Mail File Format (MMFF) file. SMTPGET.EXE looks in the SMTP outgoing queue and creates the file SMTP\FROM_NC.API, which includes the message body and all attachments to be sent out to the SMTP host.
An incorrect MMFF file can occur if:
- The original MAI file is corrupt.
- A problem occurred on the Mail Postoffice server during the SMTPGET process.
- A problem occurred on the network between the SMTP gateway computer and the Mail Postoffice server as SMTPGET.EXE was trying to execute.
To correct this problem, delete or rename the SMTP\FROM_NC.API file on the gateway postoffice, then send the message again. If the error occurs frequently, check the server or network for possible problems.
Additional query words: 2.10 3.00 errmsg alert