Microsoft KB Archive/100596
Mac Works 3.0a: Updated Files Display Works 2.0 Icons
PSS ID Number: Q100596 Article last modified on 10-22-1998
====================================================================== 3.00a MACINTOSH kbother
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Works for the Macintosh, version 3.0a|
Files that have been updated using the Microsoft Works File Updater included with Works 3.0a may display Works 2.0 icons, even after being updated.
To update these icons to display Works 3.0a icons, do one of the following:
Method 1 - Rebuild the Desktop
- Close any open applications.
- Hold down the Command and Option keys simultaneously.
- Select Restart from the Special menu. (You must keep the Command and Options keys depressed.)
- A dialog box containing the message “Are you sure you want to rebuild the desktop on the hard disk?” will appear. You can release the Command and Option keys, and choose OK.
Method 2 - Get Info on the Document
- Select the document by clicking its icon once.
- From the File menu, choose Get Info.
- Close the Get Info dialog box.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: macworkskb
Additional reference words: 3.0a mac mwksconv mwksmisc mwkscore
Version : 3.0a Platform : MACINTOSH Issue type : kbinfo ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.