Microsoft KB Archive/933890
Article ID: 933890
Article Last Modified on 12/4/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
After you restart your Zune 30GB device, the audio sounds flat. The audio sounds as if the device is not applying any equalizer effect. When you view the music settings, the equalizer setting appears correct.
This behavior occurs when the device saves the equalizer setting correctly when the device is turned off, but the device does not apply any effect to the audio when you turn the device back on. This is a known issue with the Zune 30GB.
THINGS TO TRY
- Connect the Zune device to a computer that has the current Zune software installed, and then update the device to the current device software. For more information about how to update the software on a Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
926770 How to update your Zune device
- Reconfigure the equalizer setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, select settings, and then press the center of the Zune pad.
- Select music, and then press the center of the Zune pad.
- Select equalizer, and then press the center of the Zune pad. Press the center of the Zune pad repeatedly until the equalizer setting that you want to use appears.
- Play the audio again to verify that the music sounds right.
For more information about the equalizer feature, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929185 Description of the 30-GB Zune device equalizer
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB933890