Microsoft KB Archive/933567
Article ID: 933567
Article Last Modified on 8/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003
When you try to upgrade Microsoft Office XP Students and Teachers edition to an upgrade version of a 2007 Microsoft Office suite, you receive the following message:
This behavior occurs because Office XP Students and Teachers edition is not a qualifying product for the upgrade version of a 2007 Office product. When you install the upgrade version of the 2007 Office product, the search for qualifying products fails if the following conditions are true:
- Office XP Students and Teachers edition is the only Microsoft Office product that is installed on the computer.
- No qualifying Microsoft Works products are installed on the computer.
Note The list of products that qualify for the upgrade version of the 2007 Office product incorrectly indicates that Office XP Students and Teachers edition is a qualifying product. The box for the upgrade version of the 2007 Office product states the following:
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- Run the 2007 Office Setup program.
- In the User Information dialog box, type the product key in the Product Key boxes, and then click OK.
- In the Product Compliance Check CD Key dialog box, click OK.
- In the Drive list, click the CD drive or DVD drive that contains the 2007 Office CD in the Product Compliance Check dialog box.
- Remove the 2007 Office CD from the CD drive or from the DVD drive. Then, insert the first CD from one of the qualifying products that are listed on the following Microsoft Web page:
- In the Product Compliance Check dialog box, click OK.
- When the 2007 Microsoft Software License Terms appear, remove the CD for the earlier version of Office from the CD drive or from the DVD drive, and then insert the 2007 Office CD.
- Click to select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement check box after you read the license terms, and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install 2007 Office.
Additional query words: off12 off2007 office12 office2007
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbupgrade kbsetup kbprb kbdocerr kbexpertisebeginner kbinstallation KB933567