Microsoft KB Archive/933142
Article ID: 933142
Article Last Modified on 3/16/2007
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Mail
In Windows Vista, you use the Windows Mail feature. When you try to use the spelling checker on English-language text, the spelling checker does not work as expected.
This problem occurs if the default spelling language in Windows Mail is not set to English.
To resolve this problem, set the default spelling language to English. To do this, follow these steps in Windows Mail:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click the Spelling tab.
- In the Language list, select English, and then click OK.
Note You must reselect English in this list even if it is already selected.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbprb kbtshoot KB933142