Microsoft KB Archive/933112
Article ID: 933112
Article Last Modified on 6/13/2007
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition
On a Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0-based device, you save files in a folder that has the same name as its parent folder. You perform a cut-and-paste operation on the subfolder. Then, you put the subfolder in same location as the parent folder. In this scenario, the folder and the files that it contains may be lost.
To work around this issue, perform a copy-and-paste operation on the subfolder to move the subfolder to the parent folder's location. You can then delete the subfolder from its original location.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Open My Device, create a new folder, and then name it Test.
- Create a new folder in the Test folder, and then name it Test.
- Put a file in the Test subfolder.
- Right-click the Test subfolder, and then click Cut.
- Move up one folder, click Edit, and then click Paste.
- In the Confirm Folder Replace dialog box, click Yes.
The Test folder no longer appears.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB933112