Microsoft KB Archive/932920
Article ID: 932920
Article Last Modified on 3/2/2007
- PolicyMaker Standard Edition 1.0
- PolicyMaker Standard Edition 2.0
On a computer that has DesktopStandard PolicyMaker Standard Edition installed together with a gigabit card, the following error may be logged in the Application log:
Event ID 7012
'0x80070043 the network name cannot be found.'
This problem may occur if Group Policy finishes initialization before the gigabit card connects to the network.
This problem occurs because the destination server is not reachable.
To resolve this problem, make sure that the destination server is reachable. To do this, use both of the following methods.
For the Dedicated Content Indexer (DCI) server
Make sure that you can ping the destination server and that Domain Name System (DNS) or Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) can resolve the server name. If these tests are not successful, you have to troubleshoot and to resolve the underlying network problem.
For the workstation that uses the gigabit card
Enable the Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon local policy. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the Group Policy Object Editor (gpedit.msc).
- Expand Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\logon.
- In the results pane, right-click Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon, and then click Properties.
- On the Setting tab, click Enabled, and then click OK.
- Restart the workstation.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB932920